Attributions of the Princesses in Liber 777
Princess of Wands
A very strong and beautiful woman, with flowing red—golden hair, attired like an Amazon. Her shoulders, arms, bosoms and knees are bare. She wears a short kilt, reaching to the knees. Round her waist is a broad belt of scale mall, narrow at the side, broad in the front and back, and having a winged tiger’s head in front. She wears a Corinthian shaped Helmet, and crown, with a long plume. It also is surmounted by a tiger‘s head, and the same symbol forms the buckle of her scale-mall buskins. A mantle lined with Tiger’s skin falls back from her shoulders. Her right hand rests on a small golden or brazen Altar, ornamented with Ram’s heads, and with Flames of Fire leaping from it. Her left hand leans on a long and heavy club, swelling at the lower end, where the sigil is placed. It has flames of fire leaping from it the whole way down, but the flames are ascending. This Club or torch is much longer than that carried by the King or Queen. Beneath her firmly placed feet are leaping Flames of Fire. Brilliance, courage, beauty, force, sudden in anger, or love, desire of power, enthusiasm, revenge.
- Ill-dignified, superficial, theatrical, cruel, unstable, domineering.She rules the heavens over one quadrant of the portion round the North Pole.Earth of Fire. Princess and Empress of the Salamanders. Throne of the Ace of wands.
- King Scale of Colour: Yellow
- Crest: Tiger‘s head.Symbols: Tiger, leaping flames. Gold
- Altar, long club, largest at bottom
- .Hair: Red-gold. Blue eyes.Bad, but important news.
Princess of Cups
Golden Dawn Description
- A beautiful Amazon-like figure, softer in nature than the Princess of Wands. Her attire is similar. She stands on a sea with foaming spray. Away to her right is a Dolphin. She wears as a crest on her Helmet, belt and buskins, a Swan with opening wings. She bears in one hand a Lotus, and in the other an open cup from which a Turtle issues. Her mantle is lined with swans-down, and is of thin floating material. Sweetness, poetry, gentleness, and kindness. Imagination, dreamy, at times indolent, yet courageous if roused. Ill-dignified she is selfish and luxurious. She rules a quadrant of the Heavens around Kether.
Earth of water. Princess and Empress of Nymphs and Undines. Throne of the Ace of Cups.
- Crest: Swan
- Symbols: Dolphin, Lotus. Sea with spray, turtle from cup.
- Brown hair. Blue or Brown eyes.
- Queen Scale of Colour: Citrine, olive, russet,and black
- Seduction either by ideas or through sexuality. A Mata Hari
Princess of Swords
Golden Dawn Description
- An Amazon figure with waving hair, slighter than the Rose of the Palace of Fire (Knave of wands). Her attire is similar. The feet seem springy, giving the idea of swiftness. Weight changing from one foot to another, and body swinging round, She resembles a mixture of Minerva and Diana, her mantle resembles the Aegis of Minerva. She wears as a crest the head of Medusa with Serpent slain. She holds a sword in one hand and the other rests upon a small silver altar with grey smoke (no fire) ascending from it. Beneath her feet are white cirrus clouds. Wisdom, strength, acuteness, subtleness in material things, grace and dexterity. If ill—dignified, she is frivolous and cunning. She rules a quadrant of the Heavens around Kether.
- Earth of Air, Princess and Empress of the Sylphs and Sylphides.
Throne of the Ace of Swords.
- Crest: Medusa’s head.
- Symbols: Silver Altar.Smoke. Cirrus Clouds. Drawn sword.
- Light brown hair. Blue eyes.
- Emperor Scale of Colour: As Queen Scale, but flecked with gold
- Espionage – finding hidden knowledge and information. Eternal vigilance.
Princess of Disks
- Crest: Winged ram’s head.Symbols: Grass. Flowers, grove of trees. Sceptre with disk. Pentacle as all.
- Rich brown hair. Dark eyes.
- Empress Scale of Colour: Black rayed with yellow
- Contradiction. Prodigality, carelessness.