Chakra system in Tarot
The seven planets unite the four elements through the traditional rulership of the zodiac signs, which is extended to the chakras. Vedic astrology has explored the relationship between the planetary rulers and the chakras. This duality, which is fundamental to mystical experience. This is paralleled with the Tree of Life. In the diagram below you see the three columns of the Tree of Life with the chakras.
|Chakras and Astrology|
|Third Eye||Cancer||Moon, Sun||Leo|
Each planet unites inimical elements in alternate phases. This alternating polarity is visualised as having a three-dimensional quality: two spirals around a centre, which recalls this diagram in The Book of Thoth. The Caduceus is found on the Fool card of the Thoth Tarot. Note that Kether and the seventh or Head centre (both known as the Crown), transcend time. The Moon and Sun appear at 3 and 2 respectively, which is quite proper, being the Mother and Father in the Tree of Life.
The characteristics of the planets relate to the chakras thus:
Right and Left eyes. Will and feeling, reason and emotion
Speech and intellect
Love and heart
Energy, drives and passions
Elimination and support
The relationship between the planets, the chakras is extended to understanding the exaltation of the planets.
The Lunar relationship to the exalted planets are:
The spiritual nature as Guru or guide in the Water element
The receptive nature in the heart
The Solar plexus
The Solar relationship to the exalted planets are:
More expressive in speech
Represents the higher principles of justice, law, order and detachment
The energy needed to motivate the physical levels
Further analysis is made about the elements and exaltations:
|Elements and Exaltations|
- In their exalted positions, Jupiter and Mercury increase the same energies.
- Saturn increase the same energies, but the Moon mitigates things somewhat with the water element – Fire is missing
- The Sun adds fiery energy to Mars and Scorpio – Air and Earth is missing.
- The elements of Venus balances Pisces and Sagittarius
- The elements of Mars balances Aquarius and Saturn
- Note only Mars and Venus complements their exalted positions and creates elemental balance.
Convert the tables above into the right Tarot cards.